Second SEISS Grant
This evening (2nd July 2020), HMRC confirmed that the portal for the second Coronavirus Self-Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS) will be open from Monday 17th August 2020.
Extension to the Coronavirus Self-Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
The second claim period of this SEISS scheme, June – August 2020, has much the same eligibility requirements of the first claim, thus if you were not eligible for the first grant, then unfortunately you will not be eligible for the second.
As part of the second grant, you will be asked to confirm that your business was adversely affected on or after 14th July 2020.
The Government have provided examples of what adversely affected means, your business could be adversely affected by coronavirus if, for example:
- you are unable to work because you:
- are shielding
- are self-isolating
- are on sick leave because of coronavirus
- have caring responsibilities because of coronavirus
- you have had to scale down or temporarily stop trading because:
- your supply chain has been interrupted
- you have fewer or no customers or clients
- your staff are unable to come in to work
The amount you can claim will be reduced from 80% to 70%. This will mean you will be entitled to 87.5% of the amount of the first claim you received for the months March – May 2020.
As a reminder, businesses eligible for the first Self-Employment Income Support (SEISS) grant must make their claim by Monday 13th July 2020.